The Canadian Government has again invited 3,600 Express Entry candidates to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence (PR) in a new draw held on 4th of September 2019. This is contained in Canada’s latest Immigration Newsletter.
- The latest draw brings the total number of Invitations to Apply (ITAs) issued this year to 59,800. It should, however, be noted that the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score for this draw is 463, an increase of six points over the previous draw in August.
Further breakdown: The tie break of 463 used in the latest draw means that all candidates with CRS scores above 463, as well as those with scores of 463 who entered their profiles in the Express Entry pool before August 23rd, received an ITA. Below is the minimum CSR score required and number of ITAs issued in the last two months.
Diversity for international students: The Canadian Government has introduced a new five-year international education strategy which gives room for greater diversity, innovation and global ties. Essentially, the strategy aims to diversify where international students study in Canada, thus bringing foreign talent to locations that usually receive fewer immigrants than large urban centres.
Recently, a report from the government showed that more than 50% of Canada’s international students came from China and India, and they are concentrated in large cities such as Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver.
More immigrants are welcome: By 2021, the Canadian Government plans to welcome 350,000 new permanent residents. In 2018, the total admission targets for all immigration categories was 310,000. By 2019, the total admission target had been increased to 330,800.
According to Canada’s Multi-Year Immigration Plan, covering 2018 to 2021, the total admission targets for all immigration categories have been set to 350,000.
As of today, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is 5,100 ITAs ahead of the 54,700 that it had issued at this same point in 2018.
The Express Entry system is Canada’s principal source of skilled foreign workers. It manages the profiles of candidates for Canada’s three Federal High Skilled economic class immigration programs; the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, and Canadian Experience Class. Eligible candidates are entered into the Express Entry pool and are ranked based on a CRS score that considers factors such as age, education, skilled work experience and proficiency in English or French language.
Eligible Candidates: Eligible candidates for these categories are entered into the Express Entry pool and assigned a ranking score based on factors such as age, education, work experience, and proficiency in English or French.
The highest-ranked candidates are invited to apply for Canadian permanent residency through regular draws from the pool.
Trump to return to social media with his own platform in 2 months
Over 2 months after he was banned from Twitter, Facebook, others, Donald Trump is working on making a return.
Former US President, Donald Trump, will be back on social media in the near future, over 2 months after he was banned from Twitter, Facebook, and others.
This follows plans by the former President to launch his own social media platform within the next 2 or 3 months.
This disclosure was made by Trump’s Senior Adviser, Jason Miller, on Sunday, March 22, 2021, during a chat with Fox News’ #MediaBuzz.
What Donald Trump’s Senior Adviser is saying
Jason Miller, who was a spokesman for Trump’s 2020 campaign, told the media network that the former President would soon get back to social media space with a new platform of his own that would completely redefine the game.
Miller, while talking to Fox News, said, “I do think that we’re going to see President Trump returning to social media in probably about two or three months here, with his own platform. And this is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media; it’s going to completely redefine the game, and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does.”
Although he did not provide more in terms of details, Miller revealed that Trump had been having high-powered meetings at his Florida resort, Mar-a-Lago, with various teams regarding the venture, and that numerous companies had approached Trump.
Miller said the new platform was going to be big, while also predicting that Trump would draw tens of millions of people.
In case you missed it
- It can be recalled that former President Trump was banned from Twitter after the January 6, attack on the Capitol by his supporters. He was accused of inciting his supporters after he rejected the US Presidential election result which he claimed was a fraud.
- Twitter last week said it would seek public input on when and how it should ban world leaders, saying it was reviewing its policy and considering whether leaders should be held to the same rules as other users.
Tesla investor sues Elon Musk for causing problems with his tweets
An investor in the US electric car maker, Tesla, has sued the company’s founder, Elon Musk over alleged erratic tweets.
Elon Musk, the controversial multi-billionaire is being sued by an investor in his company. Musk is being accused by the investor of unsettling the markets and exposing his investors to high risk with his “erratic tweets”.
Chase Garrity an investor in the US electric car maker, Tesla, has sued the founder of the company for his erratic Twitter messaging which according to him, has exposed the company to high legal risks and billions in price losses.
The 105-page lawsuit was published in the US court of Delaware and it accuses Musk of violating the settlement negotiated with the US Securities and Exchange Commission in 2018.
The lawsuit also includes the entire Tesla board and its supervisory body for not calling Musk to order.
In May 2020 Musk caused a 14 billion dollar loss in market value on a single trading day with a series of unguarded tweets. He tweeted about Tesla’s market value being too high and how he was going to dispose of all physical assets.
The lawsuit stated that any further unbridled tweet from Musk would have dire consequences for Tesla’s future funding opportunities.
What you should know
- Remember Nairametrics posted a story on how Musk tweets once again caused a serious ripple effect in the crypto world. His tweet helped Bitcoin gain $6000. He later invested heavily in Bitcoin.
- Manager Magazine stated that analysts are not comfortable with such a move and view it as some kind of manipulation.
- Musk in April last year posted a joke photo of Tesla going bankrupt. This once again unsettled investors.
- Tesla Management has not released a statement on this fresh lawsuit.
Nairametrics | Company Earnings
Access our Live Feed portal for the latest company earnings as they drop.
- Cornerstone Insurance Plc notifies stakeholders of late submission of financial statements.
- NSE approves delisting of 11 Plc shares.
- Berger Paints Nigeria Plc reports a 67% decline in Profits in FY 2020.
- MTN Nigeria raises N73.5 billion from CP Issuance to finance operations.
- Jaiz Bank proposes dividend worth N884 million for shareholders.