This week, the Nigerian Stock Exchange All Share Index closed in positive territory. The NSE All Share Index opened the week at 30,881.29 and closed at 31,069.37 basis points, up 0.61%.
The market opened for four trading days this week as the federal government declared Wednesday, 29th May, 2019 a public holiday to mark the Inauguration Day celebrations 2019.
35 equities appreciated in price during the week, higher than 30 in the previous week. 24 equities depreciated in price, lower than 40 equities of the previous week, while 109 equities remained unchanged, higher than 98 equities recorded in the preceding week.
Sterling Bank Plc
Sterling Bank Plc appreciated by 11.11% this week. The stock opened at N2.07 and closed at N2.30, up N0.27. Year to date, the stock is up 21.05%.
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated
ETI opened the week at N10.05 and closed at N11.15, up N1.10 or 10.95%. Year to date, the stock is down 20.36%.
AXA Mansard Insurance Plc
AXA appreciated by 10% this week. The stock opened at N1.80 and closed at N1.98, up N0.18. Year to date, the stock is up 8.20%.
Learn Africa Plc
Learn Africa Plc gained 9.84% this week. The stock opened at N1.22 and closed at N1.34, up N0.12. Year to date, the stock is down 1.47%.
Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals
Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals Plc opened the week at N0.51 and closed at N0.56, up N0.05 or 9.80%. Year to date, the stock is down 28.21%.
Livestock Feeds Plc
Livestock Feeds Plc opened the week at N0.54 and closed the week at N0.59, up N0.05 or 9.26%. Year to date, the stock is up 20.41%.
Unity Bank Plc
Unity Bank Plc gained 9.23% this week. The stock opened the week at N0.65 and closed at N0.71, up N0.06. Year to date, the stock is down 33.64%.
Law Union and Rock Insurance Plc
Law Union and Rock Insurance Plc opened the week at N0.44 and closed at N0.48, up N0.04 or 9.09%. Year to date, the stock is down 20%.
Courteville Business Solutions Plc
Courteville Business Solutions Plc rounds up the top 10 gainers for the week. The stock opened at N0.22 and closed at N0.24, up N0.02. Year to date, the stock is up 20%.
Berger Paints Plc
Berger Paints Plc was the worst performing stock this week. The stock declined by 9.52%, opening at N7.35 and closing at N6.65, down N0.70.
Year to date, the stock is down 22.67% and trading at its lowest point this year.
RT Briscoe Plc
RT Briscoe Plc opened the week at N0.32 and closed at N0.29, down N0.03 or 9.38%. Year to date, the stock is down 23.68%.
Eterna Plc shed 8.75% this week. The stock opened at N4 and closed at N3.65, down N0.35. Year to date, the stock is down 22.34%.
Chemical and Allied Products (CAP) Plc declined by 8.53% this week. The stock opened at N34 and closed at N31.10, down N2.90. Year to date, the stock is down 10.76%, and is trading at its lowest point this year.
The stock was marked by down by N2.90, this week and ex dividend price was N31.10.
Champion Breweries Plc
Champion Breweries opened the week at N1.10 and closed at N1.01, down N0.09 or 8.18%. Year to date, the stock is down 49.25% and is trading at a year low.
Fidelity Bank Plc
Fidelity Bank Plc opened the week at N1.81 and closed at N1.68, down N0.13 or 7.18%. Year to date, the stock is down 17.24%.
Jaiz Bank Plc
Jaiz Bank Plc shed 6.12% this week. The stock opened at N0.49 and closed at N0.46, down N0.03 or 6.12%. Year to date, the stock is down 8%.
Veritas Kapital Assurance Plc
Veritas Kapital Assurance opened the week at N0.21 and closed at N0.20, down N0.01 or 4.76%. Year to date, the stock is down 13.04%.
PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc
PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc declined by 4.71% this week. The stock opened at N8.50 and closed at N8.10, down N0.40.
Year to date, the stock is down 33.06% and trading at its lowest price point.
Oando Plc rounds up the top 10 losers for the week. The stock shed 4.20% this week, opening at N4.40 and closing at N4.20, down N0.20.
Year to date, the stock is down 5.38%.
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), yesterday ordered Oando Plc‘s Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Wale Tinubu to resign from his position over serious infractions including false disclosures, market abuses, amongst others.
The regulator disclosed that it has also barred Tinubu alongside his deputy, Omamofe Boyo from being directors of any quoted company for the next five years.
The company has however called the allegations unsubstantiated, and as such, the recommendations/penalties are pointless. Oando has however vowed to challenge the recommendations.
United Capital Executive Director acquires 2 million additional shares worth N12.4 million
An Executive Director of United Capital Plc has purchased additional units of its shares worth N12.4 million.
United Capital Plc has notified the Nigerian Stock Exchange that one of its Executive Directors, Sunday Anene has acquired 2,000,000 additional units of its shares, worth N12.4 million.
In line with the Nigerian Stock Exchange policy on insider dealing, the formal disclosure was made by the company’s secretary, Leo Okafor.
According to the disclosure, the recent deal which took place on the 24th of February, 2021, saw Mr Anene purchase 2,000,000 additional units of the firm’s shares at N6.20 per unit, totalling N12.4 million.
Meanwhile, United Capital Plc share price currently trades at N6.24 on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Results from its recently released FY 2020 financials showed a 57% increase in Profit After Tax, from N4.97 billion to N7.81 billion.
Other key financial metrics recorded impressive growth, part of which played an underlying role in the declaration of a total dividend of N4.2 billion- a major improvement of about 40% when compared to 2019 figures.
What you should know
- Mr Anene had in November 2020, spent the sum of N3.75 million on additional 915,574 units of the firm’s shares.
- United Capital Plc is a Nigeria-based financial and investment services company, offering a wide array of services like investment banking, portfolio management, securities trading and trusteeship etc.
Sell-offs resume in Nigerian stock market, catalyzed by Ecobank, Fidson
Investor sentiment as measured by market breadth was negative with 24 decliners and 14 advancers.
Nigerian bourse ended the fourth trading session on a negative note. Nigeria’s All-share index depreciated by 0.31% today to 40,095.49 index points.
Year-to-date return and market capitalization settled at -0.43% and N20.97 trillion respectively.
- A total volume of 326.0 million units of shares, valued at N3.7 1billion exchanged hands in 4,567 deals.
- Across coverage sectors, the performance was mostly negative as most tracked indices finished south. The NSE banking, consumer goods, and oil & gas fell by 1.44%, 0.79%, and 0.15% respectively.
- On the flip side, the NSE insurance improved by 0.24%, while the industrial index closed flat.
- Investor sentiment as measured by market breadth was negative with 24 decliners and 14 advancers. LASACO (-9.68%) led the laggards today, while CHAMS (+9.09%) finished top gainer.
- CHAMS up 9.09% to close at N0.24
- ROYALEX up 8.00% to close at N0.27
- WEMABANK up 7.69% to close at N0.7
- REDSTAREX up 5.77% to close at N3.3
- PRESTIGE up 4.55% to close at N0.46
- LASACO down 9.68% to close at N1.24
- FIDSON down 8.41% to close at N4.9
- ETI down 6.31% to close at N5.2
- MBENEFIT down 5.13% to close at N0.37
- UACN down 5.03% to close at N7.55
Nigerian stocks ended the second trading session of the week on a bearish note amid profit-taking across the market spectrum.
- Downtrend was driven by price depreciation medium and large capitalized stocks amongst which are; ETI, FIDSON, UACN.
- That being said, Nairametrics envisages cautious buying on the account that certain market indicators reveal investors are taking some of their gains across the market spectrum.
Nairametrics | Company Earnings
- 2020 FY: Zenith Bank post N230.6 billion profit after tax
Zenith Bank Plc released its […]
- Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc boosts post tax profits by 25.9%
Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc released […]
- 2020 FY Results: Prestige Assurance Plc reports a 50.44% increase in profit.
Prestige Assurance Plc released its […]
- John Holt falls deeper into losses
John Holt Plc released its […]
- Sales volumes crash for Northern Nigeria Flour Mills Plc
Northern Nigeria Flour Mills Plc […]