Guaranty Trust Bank Plc’s Board of Directors has approved the appointment of Mr Jide Okuntola as an Executive Director in the tier-1 bank.
In a statement signed today by the Company Secretary and others, GTBank informed the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and the investing public of this development.
According to the press statement, the approval of the Central Bank of Nigeria was also received on the matter.
“The Nigerian Stock Exchange and the investing public are hereby informed that the Board of Directors of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (“GTBank”) has approved the appointment of Mr Jide Okuntola as an Executive Director of GTBank.”
About Jide Okuntola
The newly appointed Executive Director has many years of banking experience, all of which have been with Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, GTBank.
Mr Okuntola joined GTBank in 2004 as a Financial Control Analyst, and by 2009, he was promoted to the position of Head of Marginal Fields & Independents (Upstream Oil and Gas).
By 2016, he became GTBank’s Group Head, Upstream Oil and Gas, a position that saw him overseeing all of the bank’s upstream oil and gas portfolios.
And then by May 2018, he was made the GTBank’s Divisional Head, Oil and Gas.
With about fifteen years in the banking industry, his experiences cut across such areas as Transaction Services, Financial Control, and Oil and Gas.
Information obtained from his LinkedIn page lists some of his responsibilities to include the following:
- Client and Transaction Origination
- Client Coverage
- Clients Cash & Liquidity Management Services
- Financial Advisory (Acquisitions, Mergers, Business Development)
- Debt Structuring for Oil & Gas Acquisitions & Mergers (Mezzanine Financing, Reserve Base Lending, Production Base Lending – Sole Lending/Syndications)
- Debt Structuring for Oil & Gas Field Development Activities (Mezzanine Financing, Reserve Base Lending, Production Base Lending – Sole Lending/Syndications)
- Debt Structuring for Oil & Gas Leverage Buy-out’s etc
He is an alumnus of the Lagos State University where he studied Economics between 1997 and 2001. In 2010, he graduated with an Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from the Lincoln University. And then again 2016, he bagged yet another Masters of Business Administration in Petroleum and Energy Economics from the European-American University.