Fidelity Bank Plc has announced the appointment of Mr. Chidozie Bethram Agbapu, as a Non-Executive Director of the Bank, this was sequel to the retirement of Mr. Robert Nnana-Kalu, from the Board with effect from September 4, 2018 upon completion of his tenure in line with the Bank’s policy.
Profile of Chidozie Agbapu
- Chidozie Agbapu holds a B.Sc. in Economics from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and a Masters in Banking and Finance from the University of Lagos.
- He is an alumnus of the Lagos Business School (Advanced Management Program, AMP 14, 2000). He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers and has extensive experience in capital market operations spanning over thirty years.
- He has served as Chief Dealer/Analyst in various capital market firms including Equator Finance & Securities Limited and Prominent Securities Limited.
- He is currently the CO-CEO/Managing Director of Planet Capital Limited, a product of a Merger between Strategy & Arbitrage Limited and Emerging Capital Limited, both being members of The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
- Mr Agbapu was a Founding Partner/Managing Director of Emerging Capital Limited from 2004 to 2010.
- Mr Agbapu currently serves on the Boards of various companies including Coral Properties Limited (a subsidiary of the Nigerian Stock Exchange), MTI Nigeria Plc and MTI Limited, Accra, Ghana.
- He served as a Director of Bendel Feeds and Flour Mills Limited and Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) Limited for seven (7) years and is currently a Member of the National Council of The Nigerian Stock Exchange, where he also serves on the Disciplinary, Audit & Risk, and Rules & Adjudication Committees.
- He has attended several courses on Governance, Leadership and Strategy at Wharton School of Pennsylvania and Stock Exchanges of Thailand, New York and Kuwait.
Until his appointment as a Non-Executive Director of the Bank, Mr Chidozie Agbapu was the Chairman of the Statutory Audit Committee of Fidelity Bank Plc.