Royal Exchange Plc has announced the appointment Mr. Hewett Benson as the new Independent director of the company with effect from April 18, 2018.
He is currently the Managing Director (Development Advisory) of Enterprise Capital Management Limited.
Profile of the new Director
- He holds a 1st class Honors Bachelor degree in Aeronautics from the Imperial College London. Also a masters of science in Aeronautics and and Astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
- Certificate in Post Graduate Education CPGE in Engineering from the Churchill College, University of Cambridge, UK.
- He was a past Executive Director of Assets Management Company of Nigeria AMCON
- First Vice President Asset and Resource Management
- Former Managing Direcctor/CEO Asset Resource Management, Ghana
- Former Managing Director Chapel Hill Denham Management Limited.
- Former Chief Operating Officer of First Funds-First Bank Nigeria.
In 1918, Royal Exchange commenced operations in Nigeria represented by Barclays Bank DCO and in 1921 converted to a full branch of its then parent company, Royal Exchange Assurance, London.
The company was in December 1969, reconstituted and incorporated as a Private Limited Liability Company. The company went public on 18 July 1989, and was duly listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on 3 December 1990. The share price is currently traded on the floor of the stock exchange at ₦0.31