President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday said a significant amount of the stolen assets and funds had been recovered.
Buhari stated this in a nationwide broadcast to mark the one year anniversary of his administration.
The President said the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture has been assigned to publish and update Nigerians on the efforts of the government toward recovering all Nigeria’s stolen assets.
The nation’s number one citizen told Nigerians that the recovered funds would be credited to the federation account after all necessary legal procedures.
He frowned at the recent spate of attacks by militants disrupting oil and power installations in the Niger Delta areas.
Buhari said his government was in the process of promoting livestock, agriculture and expanding the nation’s industrial and manufacturing base.