flydubai saw the number of passengers from across its network who travelled in Business Class increase by 72% compared to 2014. Highest demand came from Africa.
- Announces 2015 Annual Results and reports profits of AED 100.7 million (USD 27.4 million)
- Total revenue was AED 4.9 billion (USD 1.33 billion) for the 12-month period
- Airline carried 9.04 million passengers across its network. An increase of 1.8 million passengers compared to 2014; a healthy increase of 25%
- A total of 81,530 flights flown during the year
- Average sector length was 1,664 kms within its geographic radius
flydubai today reported profits of AED 100.7 (USD 27.4 million) for 2015 following a stronger second half-year which saw increased numbers of passengers travel across its network.
Total revenue for the full year was AED 4.9 billion (USD 1.33 billion), an increase of 11% compared to 2014. The overall yield, in terms of fils per Revenue Passenger Kilometre (RPKM), was under pressure attributable to the strong dollar; the challenging trading environment across the network; disruption resulting from the suspension of flights on some established routes and a large number of recently launched routes with a lead time required to reach maturity.
His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of flydubai, said:
“2015 was an important year for flydubai. It was a year in which through determination and commitment we continued to realise our vision to increase connectivity in support of the UAE’s economic development. The year culminated in two achievements: the delivery of our 50th aircraft; and our fourth full-year of profitability.”
Ghaith Al Ghaith, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of flydubai, added:
“The overall trading environment has remained challenging but we have maintained our growth story and ended the year positively. Our robust passenger growth of 30%, in terms of RPKM, underlines the demand for travel within our geographic focus; the continued appeal of Dubai as a destination; and the popularity of our service.”