- For alleged breach of license agreement, a communication firm, Pinnacle Communications Limited has dragged the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and five other defendants before a Federal High Court in Abuja.
- Recall that Pinnacle communications Limited emerged the winner of the 2nd Broadcasting Signal Distribution license Network for transition from analogue to digital broadcasting in July, 2014.
- In the suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/897/2014, the plaintiff named the NBC, its Director-General, Emeka MBA, the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), MTS Communications, Details Nigeria Limited and NTA-Star Network Limited as 1st to 6th defendants.
- The matter which is before Justice Abdu Kafarati could not go on yesterday, due to the judge’s absence, consequently, the suit was adjourned till October 20, 2015 for hearing.
- Speaking to journalists at the court premises yesterday, the plaintiff’s counsel, Joseph Daudu (SAN), said the NBC allegedly issued licenses to other companies after the plaintiff won the sole bid for the distribution of broadcast signals.
Daudu said: “Pinnacle had been given a license, and the license has been compromised by the NBC who issued multiple licenses, thereby making the license to Pinnacle unprofitable.