- The board of directors of Total E&P Nigeria has appointed Nicolas Terraz as the managing director/chief executive of Total E&P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG), with effect from September 17, 2015.
- Terraz succeeds Elisabeth Proust, who has been assigned to other duties within the Group.
Nicolas Terraz, born in 1969, is a graduate of French engineering schools, Ecole Polytechnique and Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées.
- He also earned a Master’s of Science in Technology and Policy from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States.
Terraz joined Total in 2001 after working for seven years in the French government in the Ministries of Industry and Public Works and Transportation.
- According to Charles Ogan, deputy general manager, media and public affairs of Total, the new managing director and CEO, Terraz, in his career in the oil company “has acquired extensive experience in operations and management of various projects in our affiliate companies in many countries including Myanmar, Qatar and France.”
- He served as managing director of Total E&P Myanmar and Total Group Representative in Myanmar (from 2008 to 2011) and as managing director of Total E&P France (from 2011 to 2013).
“Terraz was appointed vice president, New Ventures & Asset Management for Total Exploration and Production on March 1, 2014.