- The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has said it will target N95 billion in revenue generation before the end of 2015.
- This will be achieved through its new Revenue Invoicing Management Systems (RIMS) on its portal.
- According to the Managing Director of NPA, Habib Abdulahi, who, yesterday, revealed this at the official flag-off of RIMS in Lagos, explained that the introduction of RIMS is to block revenue leakages at the seaports
- He said that RIMS, which will officially kick off next month, would help the NPA to generate about N55bn from cargo-based revenues.
“According to him,He added, “RIMS would allow customers to initiate and conclude their business processes with the NPA and also communicate with the agency. The system has the potential to improve our service offering, improve our partner relationship, create efficient payment methods, maximise revenue and minimise losses associated with fraud and revenue leakage.”
- The Authority generated N40bn from cargo-based revenues in 2014.