- Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank), Zenith Bank and First Bank have led the pack of top ten banks utilizing the Internet, according to results of Terragon Group Digital Insights on the Nigerian banking industry study released yesterday in Lagos.
- The research, which was based on analysis carried out for a period of three months, focuses on key activities carried out by the banks utilising digital media, their innovations and what impact these activities have on their overall business achievements.
- The report concentrates on elements of their presence online, providing insights on website traﬃc, search engine optimisation (SEO), bounce rate, web mentions, social media assets, mobile speed and user experience.
- On social media channels, GTB, UBA, First Bank led with three million, 1.8 million and 500,000 Facebook connections.
On traffic share from search, First Bank, Access Bank and Diamond Bank led by 20, 18 and 16 per cent, followed by Zenith Bank and GTB with 14 and nine per cent respectively.
- The website country ranking showed that the top three banks were followed by Access Bank, Diamond Bank and UBA. Others are Skye Bank, Fidelity Bank, Sterling Bank and FCMB respectively.
- However, one key point the report points out is the need for more strategy and engagement to be made by these financial institutions to ensure that their customers have a seamless experience.