- India’s largest utility vehicle and world tractor manufacturers, Mahindra Group is set to open its operations in the country.
- President and Chief Operations Officer, Mahindra Agricultural Business, Askok Sharma, disclosed this to journalists at a press briefing in Lagos.
- According to him, the presence of Mahindra products will boost the automobile, power and agricultural businesses in Nigeria and Africa.
“Nigeria offers opportunities for all the verticals within the automotive and farm equipment sectors, notably automobile, tractors, agricbusinesses, gen-sets, trucks,buses and two wheelers
- Sharma hinted that Mahindra, with its wide range of world class power solution products, would address the challenges of power shortage being faced in the Nigerian economy
“As for employment opportunities, these new offices will have local employees who would be involved in developing and selling products for the local markets”
- Our Nigeria operations would be handled by a few experts and a significant number of local populations which would aid us to further in getting acquainted with the Nigerian economy and culture”.
- Mahindra & Mahindra currently has active presence in 30 countries across Africa with assembly bases in Chad, Mail, Benin, Ghana and Nigeria and generates business worth $120 million yearly in Africa.