- In a bid to revamp its investment drive and ensure that prospective investors are given the requisite information and support in the country, the federal government has set up a committee to track investment across the globe.
- Under the auspices of the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC), the standing committee will be mandated to follow-up on targeted investment from all regions of the world.
- The Committee is a mechanism for processing the needs of investors at the pre-investment stage.
- The Committee, which was constituted and inaugurated by NIPC Executive Secretary, Mrs. Uju Aisha Hassan Baba, is in furtherance of the Commission’s targeted marketing strategy adopted to attract beneficial investments into the economy.
- She explained that “the objective is to ensure that investors who have shown interest to invest in Nigeria are provided with adequate information and given hand-holding support to actualise their investment in the country.”
According to her: “The Committee is expected to follow-up on leads and interactions with investors during fora, for possible actualisation of their indication of interest to invest in the Nigerian economy.”
Hassan Baba stated that: “There is the need to provide constant communication and quality information to enable prospective investors make informed decisions.”