- The Controller, Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) in Kwara, Mr Amos Jokodola, has promised to enforce sale of petrol at the official pump price of N87 per liter in the state.
- Jokodola told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ilorin on Thursday that the independent marketers in the state would be made to sell at the pump price.
- He said the independent marketers had been hiding under the guise of paying several levies to hike the price of the product, noting that they had no right to increase pump price.
- The DPR controller said the department’s responsibility was not limited to enforcement of official pump price, but also to examine the quality of petroleum products sold at the filling stations.
- According to him, it is the duty of DPR to ensure that marketers did not adulterate the product or sell above the official
- Jokodola told NAN that the DPR in Lagos recently clamped down on 23 depots that usually used middlemen to sabotage marketers.
“Some of the allegations made by marketers are not correct. Our management in Lagos carried out investigation and found out those marketers are not buying at N77.61k NNPC price for Premium Motor Spirit (PMS).
“The 23 depots that were using middlemen to perpetuate this act have been penalised appropriately and sanity has prevailed,” the controller said.