- Oil marketing giant, Oando Plc on Friday announced it has appointed Tanimu Yakubu Muhammad as a non-executive director of the company with effect from 30 June 2015.
- The oil marketer in an issuer’s announcement with the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) said Muhammad holds a first degree in Economics and an MBA in Finance from Bayero University, Kano.
- Oando says Muhammad was also the chief economic adviser to the President and Commander in Chief, Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2007.
- On the other hand, the Company has also notified the NSE of the resignation of Nana Appiah-Korang, a non-executive director also with effect from 30 June 2015.
“Appiah-Korang tendered her resignation due to increasing demands of other professional interests,” Oando said.
- The company affirmed that while serving on the board, Appiah-Korang was an active member of the board and its sub-committees and contributed to the improvement of Oando’s governance and risk management practices in keeping with global best practice standards.
Leave a Reply