- Professor Attahiru Jega has formally bowed out as the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission after completing his tenure.
- Six other national commissioners also ended their tenure Tuesday.
On 8 June 2010 Professor Attahiru Muhammadu Jega was nominated by former President Goodluck Jonathan as the new INEC Chairman, subject to Senate confirmation, as a replacement for Iwu, who had vacated the post on 28 April 2010.
- He conducted two general elections – 2011 and 2015.
- Prof. Jega is the only chairman of the electoral body to conduct two general elections in Nigeria’s electoral history.
- The 2015 elections is widely adjudged to be one of Nigeria’s fairest and freest polls.