- The moribund Cocoa Processing Company in Ede, Osun State has received a lifeline with the intervention of two Chinese firms who have promised to resuscitate the comatose cocoa industry.
- This disclosure was made when the Chinese firms paid a courtesy call on the governor of Osun, Rauf Aregbesola at the government house in Osogbo.
- The two China-based companies -Skyron Corporation and Golden Monkey Group of Company promised that production would commence in the next six months.
- Mr. David Shi who led the Skyron group stressed that the company has been in the business of cocoa processing in the last 10 years and that their firm is similar to that of Ede
Skyron group has a turn over of 6.4billion dollars in the year 2014 with visible investment in agriculture and construction sector established across the world including Lagos and other states in Nigeria.”
- Also the head of delegation of Golden Monkey Corporation of China, Mr. Liu Jin Hiu, assured that aside resuscitation of Cocoa industry, confectionery company will also be established.