1. United Cement Company of Nigeria (UNICEM) has said that it has slashed the price of its 32.5 cement grade downward by N125, against the backdrop of the recent reduction of prices of cement products by the top manufacturers in the country.
2. The management explained that the decision was aimed at retaining patronage and deepening its penetration into the cement production sector market.
3. Dangote Cement plc had last week reduced the prices of its 42.5 cement grade products by N100 per bag, while the 32.5 grade, which was yet to be introduced into the cement market, would be sold at N200, lower than the 42.5 cement grade.
4. The 32.5 grade of cement was suitable for general application such as block making and masonry work, while the 42.5 grade was an effective solution to the needs of various construction projects like bridges, high-rise buildings, dams, massive beams and slabs.
5. The technical engineer assured the company’s customers that, with the recent ground- breaking ceremony of the construction of its second production plant by Vice President, Namadi Sambo, its products would be more visible in the South-South and South-East geo-political zones.
Get the full article in the PUNCH