I am really not a fan awards especially when nothing significant is yet to be achieved. However, we are in Africa and starting any business that is innovative demand some accolade. This year the Johnnie Walker Blue Label CNBC Africa All Africa Business Awards has thrown in some interesting interesting nominees which I will like to share.
The finalist’s for each category in West Africa are:
Business Leader of the Year
· Jean-Louis Ekra – President and Chairman, African Export-Import Bank
· Segun Agbaje – Managing Director, Guaranty Trust Bank PLC
· Andrew Alli – Africa Finance Corporation President and CEO
Business Woman of the Year 2013
· Arunma Oteh – Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria
· Biola Adekanbi-Alabi – Managing Director, M-Net Africa Managing Director
· Sola David-Borha – Chief Executive: Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC
Entrepreneur of the Year 2013
· Fabrice Sawegnon – Voodoo Group, CEO
· Tayo Oviosu – Paga Founder, CEO
· Sim Shagaya – Konga.com Founder, CEO
Young Business Leader of the Year 2013
· Obinna Ralph Ekezie – Wakanow.com Limited, Founder and Managing Director
· Jason Njoku – iROKO Partners, CEO and Co-Founder
“These awards are a great opportunity to recognise leaders from throughout the continent. This gives the finalists an opportunity to be showcased on a platform like CNBC Africa and also be recognised globally,” says Yunus Suleman, Chairman of KPMG and of the AABLA Judging panel.
The award takes place August 28 at the Intercontinental Hotel VI.