The NGX closed on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 46 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,308.29 points, to reflect a growth of 0.46% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 7.54%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N104.11 billion.
At the close of market today, Friday 26th of November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.60 trillion from N22.49 trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as ROYALEX led 18 gainers, and 24 Losers topped by UPDCREIT at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 3,037.57 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- ROYALEX up +10.00% to close at N0.55
- ABCTRANS up +10.00% to close at N0.33
- AIICO up +9.38% to close at N0.70
- UPL up +8.89% to close at N2.94
- REGALINS up +7.69% to close at N0.42
NGX ASI Top losers
- UPDCREIT down –9.82%to close at N5.05
- CHAMPION down –5.90% to close at N2.55
- UPDC down – 5.07% to close at N1.31
- FTNCOCOA down – 4.76% to close at N0.40
- VERITASKAP down –4.55% to close at N0.21
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FCMB – 81,049,621 units
- GTCO – 29,528,684 units
- ACCESS – 28,109,467 units
- HONYFLOUR – 16,837,888 units
- ZENITHBANK – 13,154,982 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- GTCO – N738,316,343.80
- NESTLE – N666,178,796.80
- AIRTELAFRI – N394,539,306.20
- ZENITHBANK – N320,167,585.90
- ACCESS – N253,848,149.80
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential being in favor of the decliners as 18 gainers surpassed 24 losers.