Mr Femi Fani-Kayode, a former Nigerian Minister of Aviation has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, in Lagos, on Tuesday, for alleged forgery.
Mr Fani-Kayode, who was taken to the Lagos zonal office of the EFCC on Tuesday, is being investigated for alleged forgery and manipulation of documents.
The Commission’s spokesperson, Mr Wilson Uwujaren confirmed the arrest to the News Agency of Nigeria but declined to comment further on the issue.
What you should know
- Nairametrics reported in September that Mr Femi Fani-Kayode officially defected to the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress (APC).
- Fani-Kayode was before his defection in September 2021, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
- He was also a former Presidential aide during the administration of President Olusegun Obasanjo between 2003 – 2006.
- He was appointed Minister of Aviation between 2006 to 2007.
- Prior to that, he was the Minister of Culture and Tourism of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.