The stock exchange market closed positive today, Thursday 12th August 2021, as the benchmark index (ASI) increased by 11 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N22 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,490.06 points, to reflect a gain of 0.11% from the previous trading day.
The stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.57 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns are currently settled at –1.94%.
The market breadth closed negative as HONYFLOUR led 8 Gainers, and 24 Losers topped by SFSREIT at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –780.66 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- HONYFLOUR up +10.00% to close at N1.87
- WEMABANK up +3.95% to close at N0.79
- FLOURMILL up +3.10% to close at N29.90
- AIICO up +2.11% to close at N0.97
- GTCO up +1.07% to close at N28.40
NGX ASI Top losers
- SFSREIT down –9.99% to close at N61.75
- TRIPPLEG down –9.28% to close at N0.88
- REGALINS down –8.51% to close at N0.43
- PRESTIGE down –8.33% to close at N0.44
- JAPAULGOLD down –7.84% to close at N0.47
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- HONYFLOUR – 384,071,393.00 units
- VITAFOAM – 21,366,257.00 units
- FCMB – 13,602,326.00 units
- JAPAULGOLD – 12,857,184.00 units
- STERLINGBANK – 12,029,792.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- HONYFLOUR – N654,159,437.64
- VITAFOAM – N331,210,544.10
- ZENITHBANK – N269,781,667.95
- DANGCEM – N118,295,162.80
- MTNN – N106,895,977.40
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential being in favor of the decliners as 8 gainers were surpassed by 24 losers.