The Nigerian Stock market ended the month of March 2021 bullish as the All-Share Index grew by 2.02% from 39,045.13 points recorded as of March 31st, 2021 to close at 39,834.42 points at the end of April 2021.
Meanwhile, the top-performing stockbroking firms in the Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX) traded about 4.89 billion units of shares with a value of N111.8 billion, accounting for 69.9% of the total value of shares traded in the month.
This is according to the Broker performance Report, released by the Nigerian Stock Exchange for the month of April 2021.
According to the report, Morgan Capital Securities led the list of stockbroking firms by volume of shares while Investment One Stockbrokers traded the highest in monetary terms for the period under review.
READ: NSE-30 companies lose N1.13 trillion in market capitalisation year-to-date
Stockbrokers by value
The top ten Stockbrokers were responsible for 69.9% of the total amount of shares traded in April 2021, trading a total of N111.8 billion worth of shares.
- Investment One Stockbrokers led the list with trades valued at N60.91 billion in April 2021, representing 38.08% of the total value of shares traded during this period.
- Rencap Securities stood at second on the list with trades in stocks valued at N15.59 billion, accounting for 9.75% of the total value of shares traded in the month of April.
- Cardinalstone Securities followed with its total trades valued at N8.45 billion in the period under review. This represents 5.28% of the total value recorded in the Stock Exchange market.
- EFG Hermes also traded in stocks worth N7.05 billion, to stand fourth on the list as it accounted for 4.41% of the recorded trades in monetary value.
- Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers traded a sum of N4.1 billion worth of stocks, which accounted for 2.57% of the total value for the period. Stanbic IBTC however maintains top position year to date with trades valued at N92.3 billion.
- Others include Meristem Stockbrokers (N3.87 billion), Chapel Hill Denham (N3.66 billion), Stonex Financial (N3.36 billion), CSL Stockbrokers (N2.53 billion), and Cordros Securities (N2.27 billion).
READ: REVEALED: Three reasons the NSE expelled 38 stockbroking firms in six months
Stockbrokers by volume
The top ten stockbroking firms for the period under review traded in 4.89 billion units of shares, accounting for 45.01% of the total traded stocks.
- Morgan Capital Securities tops the list of stockbroking firms in terms of volume of shares traded as it recorded trades in 859.82 million units of shares, representing 7.91% of the total volume traded in the bourse for the period.
- Cardinal Securities followed, having traded in 835.49 million shares, accounting for 7.69% of the total volume of shares traded in April 2021.
- Investment One Stockbrokers traded in 566.53 million units of shares in the month under review. This represents 5.21% of the total recorded.
- Meristem Stockbrokers Limited stands fourth on the list with trades in 564.54 million units of shares in April 2021, accounting for 5.19% of the total volume recorded.
- FBN Quest Securities traded in a total of 449.25 million units of shares accounting for 4.13% of the total volume recorded in the period under review.
- Others on the list include EFG Hermes (422.23 million), Rencap Securities (406.6 million), Falcon Securities (312.13 million), Stanbic IBTC (248.43 million), and APT Securities (226.28 million).
What you should know
- The NSE ASI grew by 2.02% in the month of April 2021, bringing the year-to-date performance to a decline of 1.08%.
- The NSE Banking Index however dipped by 4.76% in the month of April to close at 352.07 points, while the year-to-date growth stood at -10.42%
- NSE Industrial Goods index grew by 3.06% in the review period.
Dear Samuel, I hope you are good.
Please be careful the stockbrokers you promote. You need to do proper due diligence on them, including interviewing people that have had dealings with them. Some of them have doubtful profiles. I registered with one of them based on your report, only to fund my account without getting value. All their phone lines are not going, and their customer service people appear to be playing morons with amnesia even for matters mentioned just seconds earlier. In addition I was even barred from accessing my account until I complained. I sincerely hope they are not fraudsters.