The Nigerian Stock Exchange market started the month in the red which was adrift from the profit posted in the last trading session. The All-Share Index decreased by -0.92% to close at 39,433.81 from 39,801.78.
The Nigerian Stock Exchange market value currently stands at N20.83 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stand at -2.08%.
The market breadth closed negative as LASACO led 16 Gainers and STANBIC topped the 22 Losers chart, showing a bearish movement.
- LASACO up +9.62% to close at N1.71
- LINKASSURE up +9.43% to close at N0.58
- CAVERTON up +9.09% to close at N1.92
- STERLNBANK up +8.11% to close at N1.60
- REGALINS up +6.67% to close at N0.32
- STANBIC down -10.00% to close at N45.00
- CWG down -9.61% to close at N2.07
- UNILEVER down -8.21% to close at N12.30
- COURTVILLE down -8.00% to close at N0.23
- INTBREW down -7.02% to close at N5.30
The Nigerian stock market continued the bearish run held yesterday as it posted losses at the end of the trading session today.
Market sentiments tended towards the bears as the NGX ASI closed with 16 Gainers and 22 losers.
Nairametrics advises cautious buying in this era of growing uncertainties.