DEAP Capital Management and Trust Plc (DEAPCAP) have announced the appointment of Mrs. Anastasia Braimoh, and two (2) others into its Interim Management Team (IMT).
This is according to a notification signed by the firm’s secretary, Yetunde Hashesin-Souza and sent to the Nigerian Stock Exchange, as seen by Nairametrics.
The appointment is sequel to the resignation of the company’s Board of Directors on 31st of December, 2020. In lieu of this, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) appointed an Interim Management Team on the 29th of January 2021, to oversee the affairs of DEAPCAP Plc.
The IMT comprises of the following persons;
• Mrs Anastasia Braimoh- Chairperson
• Mr Alhassan Sidi
• Mrs Gbemi Adekola
It is also pertinent to note that the newly inaugurated IMT would schedule an emergency general meeting, in a bid to constitute a new Board of Directors for Deap Capital Plc.
What you should know
- DEAP Capital Management and Trust Plc is a financial services company established in 2002. It offers an array of services such as to its diversified clientele, such as; funds management, capital market operations, financial advisory services, portfolio management, etc.
- The Erstwhile Board comprises of Murtala Aliyu who served as Chairman, Jacob Esan (Managing Director) and William Odudu (Director).
- As at the time of reporting this, DEAPCAP currently trades at N0.20k at the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. It has a market capitalization of N300 million.
Greenwich Merchant Bank appoints Bayo Rotimi as MD/CEO
Bayo Rotimi has been appointed the new MD/CEO of Greenwich Merchant Bank.
Greenwich Merchant Bank has announced the appointment of Mr Bayo Rotimi as its new Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer.
This is according to a notification made available on the bank’s social media handle, seen by Nairametrics.
As part of his responsibilities, Mr Rotimi is expected to provide leadership and direction to the management team and take charge in optimizing the company’s overall strategic objectives and operational performance, in a bid to deliver optimal value for stakeholders, without compromising quality and standards.
About Bayo Rotimi
Mr Rotimi is an experienced investment banking professional with over 27 years’ experience. He worked for various financial institutions such as Lead Merchant Bank and FCMB Capital Markets, where he rose through the echelons to become the CEO of the latter in 2008. Prior to his recent appointment, he was the chairman of the investment committee of ARM’s Discovery, Aggressive, Growth, Ethical, Money Markets, Fixed income and Eurobond funds with over N110 billion under management.
What they are saying
Commenting on the recent development, Chairman of Greenwich Merchant Bank, Kayode Falowo said: “Bayo’s track record and pedigree speaks for itself and offers a reassuring nexus between the corporate ideals that Greenwich is reputed for and proactive dynamism required to stay on the cutting-edge of innovation, product development and stakeholder satisfaction.”
What you should know
- Recall that Greenwich Trust Limited was officially renamed Greenwich Merchant Bank in September 2020, after obtaining regulatory approval from CBN to operate as a Merchant Bank.
- Greenwich Merchant Bank Limited was incorporated on the 25th of February, 1992 and subsequently commenced operations in June 1994.
Africa Prudential announces appointment of Zubaida Rasheed as Director
Zubaida Rasheed has been appointed as an Independent Non-Executive Director by Africa Prudential Plc.
The Board of Africa Prudential Plc has ratified the appointment of Mrs. Zubaida Mahey Rasheed as an Independent Non-Executive Director, effective February 24, 2021, subject to regulatory approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission.
This is according to a notification signed by the Company’s secretary, Joseph Jibunoh, and made available to the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Given her profile and wealth of experience, the Board strongly believes that the appointment will strengthen the company by consolidating its digital transformation drive and ensuring its smooth transition from its core registrar business to providing digital solutions and technological services.
About Zubaida Mahey Rasheed
Mrs. Zubaida is a distinguished technocrat with over forty years’ experience in the public and private sectors. A sizeable number of the aforementioned years were spent in NITEL Plc, where she served for 23 years, rising to the position of Executive Director.
Mrs. Zubaida is currently the Deputy Coordinator of Technical Working Group (TWG) for the preparation of Medium-Term National Development Plan (MTNDP) 2021-2025 & Nigeria Agenda 2050 (Business Environment, Trade, Competitiveness, and Product Space Mapping).
She is an alumna of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), having obtained a BSC degree in Economics in the aforementioned institution. She holds professional membership in the Nigerian Institute of Management and National Institute of Marketing, Nigeria.
What you should know
- Africa Prudential Plc had earlier declared a dividend of 50 kobo each, totaling N1 billion for its shareholders.
- Africa Prudential Plc formerly known as UBA Registrars Ltd was incorporated as a private limited liability company on 23rd March 2006 to take over the registrar services formally operated as a department by its former parent – UBA Global Market Limited.
- The company was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on the 17th of January, 2013. It currently manages over 80 corporate clients in both the public and private sectors.
Nairametrics | Company Earnings
- Custodian Investment Plc posts N12.69 billion profit in FY 2020.
- 2020 FY Results: Nestle posts N39.2 billion, as earnings per share prints N49.47
Nestle Nigeria Plc released its audited […]
- 2020 FY: WEMA Bank posts N5.06 billion profit after tax as earnings per share prints at N13.1.
Wema Bank Plc released […]
- 2020 FY: Zenith Bank post N230.6 billion profit after tax
Zenith Bank Plc released its […]
- Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc boosts post tax profits by 25.9%
Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc released […]