Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc has announced the appointment of 11 key executives across the group, effective 2nd February 2021.
This is contained in a notice signed by the company’s secretary, Chidi Okezie and published on the website of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
According to the press release, the new appointments cut across Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc and its subsidiary, Stanbic IBTC Nominees, Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers, Stanbic IBTC Asset Management, Stanbic IBTC Insurance Brokers, and the newly floated Stanbic IBTC Insurance.
- Eric Fajemisin has been appointed as Executive Director, Corporate and Transactional Banking, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc. Before assuming the new role, he was the Chief Executive of Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers with over 30 years of experience in financial services. He is also a Fellow of both the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation in Nigeria.
- Olumide Oyetan was also appointed as the new Chief Executive of Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers. According to the disclosure, Mr. Olumide has over 20 years of experience and has functioned in different roles across the Group and Standard Bank.
- Dare Otiloju was appointed as Executive Director, Investment Management, Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers.
- Babatunde Majiyagbe was appointed as the Chief Executive of Stanbic IBTC Nominees, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
- The Group’s asset management subsidiary also appointed Busola Jejelowo as Executive Director, Investments, Stanbic IBTC Asset Management.
- It also appointed Wunmi Ehis-Uzemabor as Executive Director, Operations at Stanbic IBTC Asset Management.
- Similarly, appointments were made in the trustees and insurance brokerage subsidiaries of the Group as Emi-Agaba-Oloja was appointed as Executive Director, Stanbic IBTC Trustees while Ibiyemi Mezu was appointed as Executive Director, Stanbic IBTC Insurance Brokers.
- Akinjide Orimolade was appointed as Chief Executive, Stanbic Insurance, Sakeenat Bakare as Executive Director, Business Development at Stanbic IBTC Insurance, and Dunny Semwayo as Executive Director, Technical, at Stanbic IBTC Insurance the Group’s newly licensed subsidiary.
What Stanbic IBTC is saying
While commenting on the appointments, Dr. Demola Sogunle, Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, said: “We are delighted to have a pool of highly experienced, diligent and management-savvy individuals at Stanbic IBTC to be entrusted with the responsibilities of driving the next phase of our growth. We are certain the Group will benefit immensely from their wealth of knowledge and expertise because they understand our processes, values, priorities and growth trajectory, having been intricate parts of the system.”
According to the group, the appointments are in line with the organisation’s corporate governance structure and succession plan; and following the receipt of all required regulatory approvals, became effective on the 2nd of February 2021.