The Nigerian Stock Exchange continued today on a positive note, as the All-Share Index improved by 1.21% to close at 41,584.94 index points.
Consequently, Month-to-Date and Year-to-Date return increased to 3.24% as market capitalization stands at N21.494 trillion, having added N259 billion.
A total volume of 467 million units of shares, valued at N5.56 billion exchanged hands in 5,990 deals.
- Transnational Corporations (+0.93%) continued to dominate market activity in terms of volume and value at 45.9 million units and N50.5 million respectively.
- Similarly, the market breadth index was positive with 32 gainers against 19 losers.
- RTBRISCOE (+10.00%) led the gainer’s chart today, while JOHNHOLT (-10.00%) was the top loser.
- Sectoral indices closed mostly positive. The NSE Consumer Goods Index led the gainers with 0.54%. The Insurance and Industrial Indexes trailed by 0.40% and 0.25% respectively.
- On the flip side, the NSE Oli & Gas & Banking Indexes dipped by -5.31% and -0.14%t respectively.
- AIRTELAFRI up 7.60% to close at N920
- FIDSON up 8.60% to close at N5.05
- FLOURMILL up 6.25% to close at N34
- WAPCO up 3.77% to close at N27.5
- MTNN up 0.53% to close at N170.9
- SEPLAT down 9.26% to close at N490
- CUTIX down 7.08% to close at N2.1
- AFRIPRUD down 1.82% to close at N7
- CADBURY down 1.54% to close at N9.6
- ZENITHBANK down 0.94% to close at N26.25
Nigerian stocks ended Tuesday’s trading session on an impressive note.
- The upside route followed investors’ interests in WAPCO, Flourmill, and Airtel Africa as their stocks advanced by 3.77 %, 6.25%, and 7.60% respectively.
- Nairametrics however, envisages cautious buying, amid improved market conditions in Nigeria’s financial market.