Nigerian Stocks ended the first trading session on a bullish note.
The All Share Index gained 0.21% to close at 41,088.96 index points. Year-to-date return and market capitalization settled at 2.03%, and N21.49 trillion respectively. Investors gain N45.49 billion.
- A total volume of 333 million units of shares, valued at N2.64billion exchanged hands in 5,640 deals. TRANSCORP (-5.26%) finished the most traded shares by volume at 48.9million, while ZENITHBANK (0.00%) topped by value at N418 million.
- Market breadth was however inverse of the broad index with 30 losers against 19 gainers. MRS (+9.82%) led the gainer’s chart today, while CILEASING (-10.00%) was the top loser.
- Performance across sectors was mixed; like Oil & Gas (-0.80%), Consumer Goods (-0.72%) and Insurance (-0.58%) closed in red, while the Industrial and Banking indexes improved by +0.54 and 0.49% respectively.
- MRS up 9.82% to close at N12.3
- JBERGER up 3.17% to close at N19.5
- WAPCO up 1.92% to close at N26.5
- DANGCEM up 0.85% to close at N236
- AIRTELAFRI up 0.38% to close at N855
- CILEASING down 10.00% to close at N5.13
- ARDOVA down 9.78% to close at N18.45
- INTBREW down 6.53% to close at N6.16
- NASCON down 5.81% to close at N16.2
- UNILEVER down 2.22% to close at N13.2
Nigerian Bourse recorded an impressive winning streak this week as some NSE30 stocks including, AIRTELAFRI, DANGCEM, WAPCO triggered the upward run on Monday’s trading session.
- The Nigerian Stock market advance to close in positive territory as buying interest was seen on stocks across the board.
- Nairametrics however, envisages cautious buying, amid improved market conditions in Nigeria’s financial market.