Nigerian bourse extended its positive rally at Friday’s trading session, appreciating further by N112 billion, amid increased buying interest. Specifically, the market capitalization inched higher by 0.52% to close at N21.530 trillion from N21.418 trillion on Thursday.
In the same vein, the All-Share Index garnered 0.52% to close at 41,176.14 compared with 40,963.14 on Thursday.
Consequently, the market breadth remained positive with 42 gainers relative to 12 losers. UACN (+10.00%) led the gainer’s chart today, while ARDOVA (9.84%) was the top loser.
- Also, the total volume of shares transacted improved with an exchange of 666.60 million shares worth N6.39 billion in 6,980 deals.
- JAPAULGOLD was the most traded shares by volume with 115.8million units, while GUARANTY and ACCESS topped by value at N1.27b and N461 respectively.
- UACN up 10.00% to close at N8.25
- FLOURMILL up 9.33% to close at N32.8
- NB up 3.36% to close at N60
- PRESCO up 2.78% to close at N74
- MTNN up 1.19% to close at N170
- ARDOVA down 9.84% to close at N19.7
- MAYBAKER down 5.71% to close at N3.63
- STERLNBANK down 1.96% to close at N2
- ZENITHBANK down 0.38% to close at N26.3
- UNILEVER down 0.37% to close at N13.45
Nigerian Stocks ended the trading session on an impressive note.
- The uptrend was driven by price appreciation in large capitalized stocks among which are; UACN, Flourmill, MTN Nigeria Communications, NB and PRESCO.
- Nairametrics, however, envisages cautious buying as the COVID-19 crisis seems to be getting out of hand in Nigeria’s key international markets that include Western Europe and the United States.