Nigerian Stocks witnesses a positive run as equities market capitalization value appreciated by N333.80 billion to commence trading for the week.
The All-Share Index (ASI) increased by 1.74% to close at 37,443.40 points.
Similarly, the overall market capitalization size gained N333.80 billion to close at N19.57 trillion.
- Today’s market upturn was impacted by gains recorded in large and medium capitalized stocks, amongst which includes; DANGCEM, WAPCO, and FLOURMILL.
- Also, the total volume traded increased to 427.05 million shares, worth N3.30billion, traded in 5,258 deals.
- Transactions in the shares of MANSARD topped the activity chart with 90.1 million shares valued at N91.08 million. JAPAULGOLD followed with 45.4 million shares worth N16.8 million.
- With 23 gainers to 23 losers, sectoral indices closed mixed. DANGCEM (+9.98%) led the gainer’s chart for the day, while ETERNA (-9.89%) finished top loser.
- The NSE Industrial Index led the gainers with 5.46%. The NSE Insurance and Energy Indexes trailed appreciating by 5.16 and 0.76% respectively. Conversely, the NSE Banking & Consumer Goods Indexes declined by -1.05 and -0.14% .
- BOCGAS up 10.00% to close at N7.92
- DANGCEM up 9.98% to close at N230.4
- PZ up 7.00% to close at N5.35
- FLOURMILL up 2.50% to close at N26.65
- WAPCO up 2.27% to close at N22.5
- ETERNA down 9.89% to close at N4.1
- ARDOVA down 5.24% to close at N13.55
- UNILEVER down 2.79% to close at N13.95
- ZENITHBANK down 2.02% to close at N24.3
- GUARANTY down 0.74% to close at N33.5
Nigerian Stocks recorded an impressive trading session at the first trading session of the week amid falling oil prices prevailing at U.S trading session
News continues after this ad
- Buying pressure was significantly seen across leading NSE 30 Stocks that include Dangote, WAPCO and Flour mill, maintained bullish market sentiments at Africa’s best-performing stock index.
- Nairametrics, however, envisages cautious buying as the COVID-19 crisis seems to be getting out of hand in Nigeria’s key international markets, which includes Western Europe and the United States amid the new strain of COVID-19 spreading like wild-fire.