The latest COVID-19 daily update report as of November 29th 2020 released by the ECOWAS Centre for Surveillance and Disease Control indicates there are 205,368 confirmed cases in West Africa.
From the new number, Nigeria, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire top the list with a total of 140,291 confirmed cases, representing 68.3% whilst the other 12 member countries of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) contributed 31.7%
— ECOWAS Centre for Surveillance and Disease Control (@Ecowas_cdc) December 1, 2020
According to the report, Nigeria has 67,412 confirmed cases (32.8%), Ghana 51,569 (25.1%) and Cote d’Ivoire 21,310 (10.4%).
Nigeria has a recovery rate of 93.5 % which places her on the 8th position, Ghana 97.8 % (2nd position) and Cote d’Ivoire 98.3 % (1st position).
On CFR (case fatality rate), Nigeria occupies 10th position with 1.74%, Ghana 13th position with 0.63% and Cote d’Ivoire 0.61%, 14th position.
On active cases, Nigeria occupies 8th position with 4.7%, Ghana 12th position with 1.5% and Cote d’Ivoire 13th position with 1.1%.
What you should know
- As at November 29, 2020, worldwide, there are 62,736,160 confirmed cases, 1,459,243 deaths and CFR of 2.3%
- In Africa, there are 2,163,389 confirmed cases, 51,708 deaths and CFR of 2.4%
- In West Africa, there are 205,368 confirmed cases, 2,861 deaths and CFR of 1.41% active cases 8,585)4.3%), recovery rate of 94.3%
- On recovery rate, Cote d’Ivoire tops the list with 98.3%, followed by Ghana 97.8%, Senegal 97.0% with the least coming from Mali with 67.8%.
- As regards the death rate (CFR), Liberia tops the list with 5.29%, followed by Niger 5.12% and Mali 3.41% while Guinea is the least with 0.58%.
- As regards the death rate (CFR), Liberia tops the list with 5.2%, followed by Niger 4.62% and Gambia 3.29% while Guinea is the least with 0.58%.
- Mali has more active COVID-19 cases with 29.0%, followed by Sierra Leone 20.8% and Niger 15.8% with Gambia contributing the least with 0.5%.