GT Bank Plc reported interest income of N228.23 billion in 2020 9M compared to N224.19 billion same period in 2019 – an increase of 1.80%.
Key highlights for 2020 9M
- Interest income increased to N228.23 billion +1.80% YoY
- Interest income on effective rate increased to N219.54 billion, +0.09% YoY
- Interest income on financial assets increased to N8.68 billion, +79.60% YoY
- Income from fees and commission income decreased to N37.40 billion, -22.69% YoY.
- Income from net gains on financial instruments increased to N18.99 billion, +96.89% YoY.
- Revenue from other income increased to N45.34 billion, +3.46% YoY.
- Net impairment charge increased to N3.11 billion, +2709.95% YoY.
- Loan impairment charges increased to N10.14 billion, + 267.35% YoY.
- Fees and commission expense increased to N4.67 billion, +148.45% YoY.
- Other operating expenses increased to N60.07 billion, +9.92% YoY.
- Depreciation and amortization increased to N21.57 billion, +39% YoY.
- Pre-tax profits decreased to N167.35 billion, -1.93% YoY.
- Earnings Per Share declined to N5.02, -3.28% YoY.
What they are saying
He further stated that, “As an organization, we will continue to build on our commitment to enriching lives by leveraging our digital-first customer-centric strategy to improve customer experience and maintain a high standard in service delivery, and going beyond banking to create and drive innovative financial solutions that add value to our customers in all aspects of their lives.”
GT Bank Plc recorded increased interest income in the period under consideration; although, fees and commission income declined. Even though the company recorded increased interest income, pre-tax profits and EPS declined in the period under consideration.