Earlier today, our Social Media team stumbled across a very interesting hiring ad for a foreign portable water brand named SodaStream. Like they say, ‘we can’t deal’. In other words, we love this ad!
Below are some of the things we love about it, and some pointers for Nigerian companies to take into consideration when next they advertise to fill up vacancies.
- The ad is fun and fascinating, presenting a perfect picture of a very interesting workplace in which any employee would love to work in.
- The ad also aptly highlights what is unique about the company; thereby selling the brand.
- Meanwhile, despite its hilarity the ad it clearly enumerates the skillsets and capabilities the company requires of every prospective employee.
- Yet, it makes it clear that the company does not expect its employees to be perfect; there’s room to fail and learn from failure.
- Lastly and very importantly, the ad states that the company does not discriminate when hiring. Instead, it hires anyone who meets its employment criteria.
Nigerian companies need to become more creative and less stringent when creating their recruitment ads. But while doing that, the need to clearly state what is required of prospective employees should never be undermined.
Valuable employees are the most important assets any company can ever boast of. With this in mind, therefore, it becomes very important to do everything possible to hire the best hands.