Market breadth closes at 1.48x
- Following the increase in positive momentum on the NSEASI+0.45%, the bourse recovered from the brief loss witnessed in the last session.
- A total of 603.17 million (+187.19%) shares worth NGN3.89 billion (0.00%), were exchanged in 3,832 (-7.46%) deals.
- Total market capitalisation advanced to NGN14.07 trillion.
- NASCON+7.14% was the top advancer while BERGER-5.00% closed as top loser.
- Other laggards featured were BOCGAS-4.97% and ETERNA-4.73%.
- The NSEBNK10+1.05% index closed as the best performing index in the session.
- Bullish sentiments were also observed on the NSEFBT10+0.36% and NSEINS10+0.45%
Why stocks are up
- Based on our analysis of today’s trades, we attribute the positive close to the bull’s charge on the prices of heavyweights in the banking sector.
Consumer Goods Sector: NASCON+7.14% leads the pack
The sector closed in the green, as a number of mid and big-cap stocks faced marginally strong buying pressures.
Further gains were constrained by the flat close on stocks like NESTLE, GUINNESS and UNILEVER.
The NSEFBT10 index advanced by 0.36% while its YtD return nestled in the red at -5.85%.
Contact Morgan Capital for more information.
Email: [email protected]