CWG Plc has announced the appointment of its former Chief Operating Officer, Phillip Obioha, as the new chairman of the company.
This is sequel to the stepping down of Mr. Abiodun Fawunmi, however, he remains on the board as non- executive director.
According to Mrs. Anthonia Ehanmo, the company’s Group Head, Brand and Marketing Communications, Obioha is described as a highly-experienced technology expert, who until his recent appointment, was a Non-Executive Director on the board and served as the Chairman of the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee (FARCOM) of the Board.
Profile of the new Chairman.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science, Electrical Electronics Engineering from the West Virginia University. He holds a master’s in Business Administration.
- He was the Engineering Services Manager at Inlaks Computer Limited.
- Chief Information Officer at Crystal Bank.
- Chief Operating Officer DCC satellite and Networks Limited.
- Managing Director DCC satellite and Networks Limited.
- Chief Operating Officer, Computer Warehouse Group.
- Phillip is a fellow of the Institute of Directors. He has more than 20 years of cognitive experience in the Information Technology industry.
- He is also a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineer (IEEE, USA), Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG, corporate) and the Nigerian Computer Society (NCS).
- He was conferred with the Titans of Tech award by Technology Africa in 2015.