Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GTBank) has listed five financial goals its customers and followers must “focus on and stick with” in the New Year.
The bank which posted this on its Twitter handle, stressed that the New Year gives “us a chance to begin afresh which means this is the perfect time to get your finances in order. Are you on track to achieve your goals this year?”
- First, it urged its customers and followers on the social media platform to set a personal savings goal for the year. Look at how much you are making, what your expenses are, and determine how much you could realistically save each month.
- The bank urged its customers always to make a budget and be motivated to stick to it.
- Having a solid emergency fund.This the bank noted should be the first savings goal on your list. It can take away a lot of the money worries that you have, since you know that you will always have a reserve if you get into a tight spot.
- Track your expenses. ” If you don’t know how much you have spent in a month, that will seriously hinder your ability to budget. That is why tracking your expenses is important” The tweet revealed.
- Lastly,create multiple source of income. Even if you love your job, creating multiple income streams is a form of income assurance which means you are not dependent on a single source of income.
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc is a leading African financial institution with vast business interests spanning West and East Africa, as well as the United Kingdom.
Established in 1990 on a foundation of excellence, superior customer experience, ethics and best practices, GTBank has created an oasis in the African banking industry; delivering consistent year on year growth in clientele base and key financial indices since its inception.
Guaranty Trust Bank is recognized as one of the most profitable and well managed financial institutions in Africa for providing quality service, ethics, professionalism, integrity, innovation and internationally accepted corporate governance standards.