Biweekly Survey of Household Foodstuff Prices In Lagos (Updated May 27, 2017)
Nairametrics| Here are major highlights of our Household Food survey for the week ended May 27, 2017.
- The Nairametrics Lagos Household food index rose a whopping 2.6% in the two weeks ending May 27 2017.
- This was higher than the -1.2% contraction we observed in the two weeks ended May 15, 2017.
- We observed significant price increases in food items such as garri, tomato, powdered milk and juice.
- Ijebu garri prices for example, was up 45% in the period under review while round shaped tomato prices was up a whopping 56%.
- The rise in the price of juice continued this week, with Chivita and 5Alive prices gaining over 14% in price increases.
You can view other prices from the table below;
[table “58” not found /]
Effective August 1, 2016, Nairametrics commenced publishing market prices of everyday select food and household items in Lagos on a bi-weekly basis (every two weeks).
The pricing data is based on a survey conducted by our field operatives, from select markets in Lagos State on a spot basis only. We cover the following markets, Daleko, Ago Ishaga, Iddo, Aguda, Ojuiwoye etc.
This data dates back to the 1st of August 2016 for some of the items on the tracker. However, we used September 17th as our base month for identifying percentage trends.
Disclaimer: The Biweekly Survey of Household Foodstuff Prices In Lagos is not recognized by the Lagos State Government, Federal Government or the National Bureau of Statistics. It only represents the outcome of data gathered by Nairametrics for our analysts. The National Bureau of Statistics Consumer Price Index remains the official source for measuring increase in prices of goods and services in Nigeria. Usage of this data is strictly on the volition of the user. Nairametrics will not be held liable for any decision making based on the usage of this data. Please read our disclaimer policy.
Let us know what other items you would want included in our tracker.
Need the full report in excel? The full report includes the markets surveryed for the specific products original base months and other market information obtained during our survey. Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org