- Forte Oil Plc, has commenced the sale of kerosene for N50 per litre in line with the aspiration of the federal government for the product to be available at subsidised price.
- The company commenced the sale of the product, which it officially called “Buhari Kerosene” in its retail outlets in Lagos on Tuesday and has promised to extend it to other retail outlets across the country in the coming days.
- A huge turn-out of people mostly women in Forte Oil filling Stations Ikoyi, Victoria Island (Oniru), Aja road, Oba Akran, Agindigbi, Airport road and other parts of Ikeja.
- An official of the Forte Oil filling Station in Oba Akran told newsmen on condition of anonymity that the directive to sell kerosene for N50 came from the Chairman of the company, Mr. Femi Otedola.
“Chairman directed us to crash the price. This is Buhari Kerosene and you know that President Buhari wants kerosene to be affordable to the common people. We have no choice than to obey the last order. We have discharged one truck and we are expecting another truck this evening,” he said.
- At Forte Oil filling station in Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, one truck of kerosene, which was yet to be discharged into the underground tanks, was seen parked at the station.
- Though a good number of customers had gathered with containers, waiting to buy the product but no sale was going on.