- President Muhammadu Buhari has said that he would adopt alternative fiscal measures of funding the construction of roads aside the country’s budget.
- The president also hinted yesterday that his administration would implement essential reforms to protect Nigerian manufacturers from unfair competition from abroad.
- These were the outcome of separate meetings the president had with the permanent secretaries of the ministry of works and the ministry of industry, trade and investment in Aso Rock, Abuja.
- The permanent secretary of the ministry of works, Mr Dauda Kigbu, who led senior officials of relevant agencies under the ministry to meet with the president said that the outcome was very positive as the president was open to the ministry’s suggestion that that government should seek other ways of funding road projects.
- Speaking to journalists after the meeting, Kigbu disclosed that the president was also briefed on major projects being carried out by the ministry across the country.
“The president is committed to developing this country and he is passionate about roads because roads are central to national development.