- The United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc has introduced a simple, convenient and hassle free process for customers of the bank in a bid to make Biometric Verification Numbers registration easier.
- Leveraging on its robust information technology infrastructure, on Monday, the bank launched a short code number *919*6# through which customers can send their BVN.
- According to DAILY TRUST, Director, Group Information Technology, UBA Plc, Mr. Rasheed Adegoke, said the process was very simple as customers would send his or her valid BVN via SMS that was used to open account to the short code number and become automatically linked to his/her account.
- The introduction of this simplified process was in response to some of the challenges associated with the ongoing BVN exercise.
- The BVN is a unique number given to all bank customers in Nigeria who had their finger prints and pictures taken at bank branches around the country. Each customer’s biometric and personal data is attached to all bank accounts he or she operates whether personal or corporate.
- Source: Daily Trust
Tags: News Review