It was another stellar quarter for Lafarge Wapco as the cement company posted a 34% rise in earnings per share to N2.7. The company posted a 16% rise in revenue to N27billlion compared to N23billion a year earlier. Other highlights of the results are as follows;
- Gross profits rose 15% to 11.4billion (prior year Q1 N9.9billion
- Operating profit rose 13% to N9billion (2012 Q1 N8billion)
- Pre-tax profits after finance charges rose 19.75 to N8.6billion compared to N7.2billion a year earlier.
- This Q1 results basically improves on the last quarter of 2013 where it post a pre-tax profits of N7billion
- The Cement industry seemed to be doing no wrong at the moment.
News continues after this ad