Etisalat Nigeria has rebranded into 9Mobile Telecom
- Embattled telecommunications company has officially changed its name into 9Mobile Telcom
- This is an outcome of a meeting of the newly constituted management of the company
- The company’s former owners had given the Nigerian company 3 weeks to discontinue its use of the brand after the Abu Dhabi company divested itself of its shares in the company
- Their divestment was a result of a $1.2 billion bad debt which the Nigerian company was unable to repay to its creditors.
- Efforts of the CBN and NCC at pacifying the creditors yielded no fruits, resulting in the eventual exit of the Abu Dhabi brand from Nigeria.
« Nigeria to stop the importation of rice by the end of the year Previous Post
Nigerian Stocks: Summary Of Trading (13/07/2017) » Next Post
Chacha Wabara is a legal practitioner, blogger and fitness coach. She has over 5 years experience in blogging and freelance writing. She has written several articles and research work over the years as a freelance contributor. She joins Nairametrics as Our News and Analysis Lead.