At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed negative amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 10 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N19.51 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 38,906.42 points, to reflect a loss of 0.10% from the previous trading day.
At the close of the market today, Monday 20th September 2021, the stock exchange’s market value currently stands at N20.27 trillion from N20.29 trillion on the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –3.39%.
The market breadth closed flat as CHIPLC led 19 Gainers, and 19 Losers topped by SCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,364.30 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top Gainers
- CHIPLC up +9.62% to close at N0.57
- CHAMS up +9.52% to close at N0.23
- COURTVILLE up +6.90% to close at N0.31
- WEMABANK up +3.95% to close at N0.79
- NAHCO up +3.62% to close at N3.51
NGX ASI Top Losers
- SCOA down –9.43% to close at N0.96
- VERITAS down –8.70% to close at N0.21
- LINKASSU down –6.56% to close at N0.57
- PZ down –5.98% to close at N5.50
- CORNRST down –5.77% to close at N0.49
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- EKOCORP – 40,000,000 units
- UBA – 10,809,336 units
- TRANSCORP – 9,753,641 units
- SOVRENINS – 9,644,215 units
- FIDELITY – 9,247,952 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- MTNN – N752,673,256.20
- EKOCORP – N231,600,000.00
- GTCO – N201,932,720.55
- ZENITHBANK – N133,523,338.05
- NESTLE – N127,063,792.50
Market sentiments trend towards the bears as the market differential remained flat.