At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed flat amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 2 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N3.21 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 38,915.62 points, to reflect a loss of 0.02% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Monday 13th September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.275 trillion from N20.278 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –3.36%.
The market breadth closed negative as MORISON led 18 Gainers, and 20 Losers topped by SCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,355.10 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- MORISON up +9.38% to close at N2.10
- SOVRENINS up +8.00% to close at N0.27
- LINKASSU up +5.26% to close at N0.60
- FIDELITY up +4.35% to close at N2.40
- INTBREW up +4.17% to close at N5.00
NGX ASI Top losers
- SCOA down –10.00% to close at N1.17
- ACADEMY down –7.69% to close at N0.36
- UPDC down –6.21% to close at N1.51
- ABCTRANS down –5.71% to close at N0.33
- OANDO down –4.09% to close at N4.45
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- UNIVINSURE – 19,446,846.00 units
- FIDELITY – 19,282,958.00 units
- FBNH – 16,680,356.00 units
- COURTVILLE – 13,757,927.00 units
- ACCESS – 13,499,386.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- NESTLE – N1,213,594,747.00
- STANBIC – N202,054,485.70
- UNILEVER – N131,962,504.60
- MTNN – N125,254,693.70
- ACCESS – N125,059,267.80
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 18 gainers were surpassed by 20 losers.