As digitization advances, the internet is becoming even more rapidly, the banking halls of today. Internet banking is taking hold, phasing out the days of heartbreaking long queues, coupled with long hours of trying to make complaints or access basic banking transactions.
FirstBank is Nigeria’s premier and most valuable banking brand, and largest financial inclusion services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 30 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank also has over 120,000 banking agents tagged Firstmonie Agents that are spread across 772 out of the 774 Local Government Areas in Nigeria that facilitate the Bank’s resolve to promote financial inclusion in Nigeria.
FirstBank, being one of the most popular banks in Nigeria and in line with its strides in over 127 years of operations, has developed internet and mobile banking systems in order to make banking easier for its customers.
Christened FirstOnline, the product is the Bank’s Internet Banking platform that provides unrestricted and secure access to your account anytime and anywhere through any internet-enabled device. This platform comes with classy features, impeccable user experience, convenience and is easy to use. As of June 2021, FirstOnline boasts of an impressive 597,466 customers, a 17% growth on the previous year and 578,292 transactions per month averaging a value of 388 Bn per month.
FirstBank serves the following forms of internet banking to their customers:
- All Retail/Individual Customers
- All Corporate Customers
FIRSTBANK PERSONAL INTERNET BANKING
As the name implies, Personal Internet Banking is for managing personal accounts. As an individual using this form of internet banking, you will be able to request cheque books, transfer funds between your accounts and to other accounts within the bank. You can also pay utility bills, check your account balance, recharge your phone and other phones and make other various transactions seamlessly.
FIRSTBANK CORPORATE INTERNET BANKING
Corporate Internet Banking is for corporate bodies and organisations. Similar to the FirstBank Personal Internet Banking, this is designed to put corporate customers at an advantage as they implement their business transactions like making e-payments of any kind, monitor trades, administer payroll and many other transactions with customers all around the world, without much hindrance as distance or proximity.
Corporate customers can also stop cheques, confirm cheques, issue drafts, make import duty payments and view and manage multi-bank accounts through the Firstonline friendly interface.
THE BENEFITS OF FIRSTONLINE
In line with FirstBank’s brand vision “To be the partner of first choice in building your future and deliver the ultimate “gold standard” of value and excellence’’, and position customers first in every respect, below are the benefits of FirstOnline for either personal or corporate:
- Allows customers to perform transactions during any hour of the day as there is no closing time
- Customers can make these transactions seamlessly from the comfort of their room or workplace without having to encounter the risks and time wastages involved in going to the bank. The platform is very stable.
- Account management at your fingertips
- Enjoy the user-friendly and secure interface without external help or assistance.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF FIRSTONLINE
The following features of the FirstBank internet banking (FirstOnline) apply to both personal internet banking and corporate internet banking:
- Customers can view their account balance in real-time
- All transactions about an account can be viewed in real-time
- On corporate internet banking, you will be able to make payment of salary to employees, schedule upload and processing of payroll.
- You can pay utility bills and buy airtime on either of them
- Track and view trade and finance transaction status
- In the corporate ibanking, you will be able to make transact with accounts anywhere in the world
- Transfer funds to your account and other accounts within the bank
- You can download in any format and therefore print your bank statement
- Card Management- Request and Block Card
- Token Management- Request, Deactivation and Synchronization
- Beneficiary Management- (View Beneficiary, Add Beneficiary, Delete Beneficiary)
- Multiple Transfers with Single Token (View Beneficiary, Add Beneficiary, Delete Beneficiary)
- Recurrent Payment- Initiate standing orders
- Approval workflow
- Cheque Services – confirm Cheque & stop Cheque
- Paypal Registration, and many more.
FIRSTONLINE ENROLLMENT PROCESS
- For Retail Customers;
To complete the Self Registration process, the user would provide card PAN and PIN to trigger an OTP to their registered phone number. By entering the OTP and entering the preferred User ID, the user would be successfully enrolled on the platform.
- In-branch Registration:
Customers should visit any of FirstBank branches to complete the Online Banking enrolment form for creation.
- Corporate Customers;
- In-Branch Registration:
Customers should visit any of FirstBank branches to complete the Corporate Online Banking enrolment form for creation. (Upon enrolment, the user’s login details (User ID and Password) are sent in two separate emails to the customer’s registered e-mail.