The stock exchange market made closed flat today, Wednesday, 4th of August 2021, as the benchmark index (ASI) increased by 9.84 points, while the market capitalization increased by N5 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 38,927.83 points, to reflect gains of 0.03% from the previous day.
The stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.28 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at –3.33%.
The market breadth closed negative as CUTIX led 16 Gainers, and 19 Losers topped by SOVRENINS at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined -1,342.89 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- CUTIX up +10.00% to close at N5.50
- VERITASKAP up +8.70% to close at N0.25
- TRIPPLEG up +7.78% to close at N0.97
- PRESCO up +3.71% to close at N72.60
- NAHCO up +2.44% to close at N2.52
NGX ASI Top losers
- SOVRENINS down –7.14% to close at N0.26
- REGALINS down –6.67% to close at N0.42
- UNITYBANK down –5.00% to close at N0.57
- JAIZBANK down –4.84% to close at N0.59
- CAVERTON down –4.26% to close at N1.80
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- STERLING – 51,825,757.00 units
- TRANSCORP – 19,247,900.00 units
- UBA – 17,241,976.00 units
- WEMABANK – 11,238,883.00 units
- AIICO – 9,478,000.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- UBA – N129,781,637.80
- SEPLAT – N100,322,367.80
- GTCO – N87,127,319.55
- STERLING – N78,772,287.60
- NESTLE – N63,403,833.60
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 16 gainers were surpassed by 19 losers.