The Nigerian Stock Exchange market posted gains at the end of the trading session today. The All-Share Index increased by +0.08% to close at 38,840.31 from 38,808.01 index points. UACN sits atop the Gainers list.
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange market value currently stands at NGN 20.32Tr. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at – 3.55%.
- The market closed in profit as UACN led 15 Gainers, and WAPIC was top among 14 Losers with a noticeable bullish movement by the NSE ASI.
1. UACN up +10.00% to close at N11.00
2. FCMB up +9.77% to close at N2.92
3. UPL up +9.35% to close at N1.17
4. NNFM up +9.35% to close at N5.85
5. HONYFLOUR up +9.24% to close at N1.30
1. WAPIC down -8.70% to close at N0.42
2. FTNCOCOA down -8.00% to close at N0.46
3. UNITYBNK down -7.81% to close at N0.59
4. UAC-PROP down -5.06% to close at N0.75
5. JAPAULGOLD down -4.76% to close at N0.60
The NSE ASI saw a bullish move supporting last Friday’s gains. Predictions of the dominance of consumer goods and the banking sector were affirmed with the presence of UACN and FCMB in the top 5 gainers. However, the following stocks are on our watchlist: Zenith Bank Plc, Guaranty, Access bank, STANBIC, HONYFLOUR, GUINNESS and Flourmills.
- Nairametric, however, advises cautious participation in the stock market in this era of growing uncertainties.