The African Development Bank (AfDB) Group has announced the appointment of Mr. Ifedayo Orimoloye as the Group Chief Risk Officer (GCRO), effective 1 April 2021.
By this appointment, Ifedayo will lead the preparation and implementation of strategic plans within the Bank’s overall risk management framework, including the Bank’s risk appetite statement, credit risk, operational risk and market risk guidelines, policies and procedures.
Commenting on the appointment, Ifedayo said,
- “I am passionate about the Bank’s development agenda that has attracted global attention as bold and innovative for accelerating Africa’s development. The African Development Bank Group already has a globally acclaimed and high-performing risk management team.
- “I am honored to join to lead the outstanding team to further achieve accelerated development in Africa.”
According to AfDB President, Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina:
- “I am delighted to appoint Ifedayo to lead the Bank’s risk management function. His hands-on risk management experience will be key in safeguarding the Bank’s financial integrity and in providing leadership on all core risk management activities of the Bank.
- “Ifedayo is a respected professional, with a solid track record in risk management and his experience in Africa, Europe and North America, will help to further strengthen the Group’s risk management function.”
What you should know
- Ifedayo Orimoloye brings onboard over 20 years of risk management and corporate finance experience from international and diverse financial institutions in Africa, Europe and North America.
- Ifedayo, who holds an MBA (Finance) from California State University. He started his banking career with Wachovia Bank in 1995 in corporate finance and later moved to senior risk management roles at Citibank, HSBC and Wells Fargo Bank.
- Between 2010 and 2017, Ifedayo was the Group Chief Risk Officer at Ecobank Transnational Incorporated where he was in charge of risk management oversight of the 40 African countries and other regions in Ecobank Group.
- He joined Sterling Bank in 2018 as Chief Risk Officer, a role he positively transformed by implementing a strong framework that ensured rigor in the application of group-wide risk management policies and practices.