Nigerian stocks ended the last trading session of the week on a bearish note. The All Share Index dropped by 0.18% to close at 41,785.80 index points as against the 0.51% plunge recorded on Thursday. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at +3.76%.
- Nigerian bourse trading turnover also ended negative as volume dipped by 23.39% as against the 24.68% surge recorded on Thursday. UBN, ZENITHBANK, and TRANSCORP were the most active to boost market turnover.
- The market breadth closed negative as NNFM led 13 Gainers as against 37 Losers topped by DANGSUGAR at the end of today’s session – an unimproved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- NNFM up 9.77% to close at N8.65
- GUARANTY up 9.09% to close at N36
- FTNCOCOA up 8.33% to close at N0.52
- JAIZBANK up 5.88% to close at N0.72
- LIVESTOCK up 3.91% to close at N2.39
- DANGSUGAR down 4.76% to close at N20
- WAPCO down 3.62% to close at N26.65
- ZENITHBANK down 2.80% to close at N26
- TOTAL down 0.70% to close at N142
- MTNN down 0.55% to close at N180
Nigerian bourse at the fifth trading session of the week was negatively impacted by losses recorded in large and medium capitalized stocks, amongst which includes Nigeria’s blue-chip companies like TOTAL, MTN, WAPCO.
- Nairametrics envisages cautious buying amid renewed profit-making seen across the market spectrum.