The Board of Directors of UAC of Nigeria PLC has announced the appointment of Mrs. Funke Ijaiya-Oladipo as Chief Financial Officer of the Company.
The Board also announced the resignation of Mr. Ibikunle Oriola as Group Finance Director of the Company with effect from 31st December 2020.
This disclosure was made by the Company in a notification issued and signed by the Company’s Secretary, Mr. Godwin A. Samuel, today, the 11th of December, 2020.
On the incoming CFO
According to the press release by the company,
- Mrs. Funke Ijaiya-Oladapo joined UAC in 2020 as a member of the Executive Committee and recently served as Head of Investor Relations responsible for strategic stakeholder management.
- She is focused on connecting Africa to the world and the world to Africa, and in this garb, she has advised local and international companies on raising equity capital, mergers & acquisitions, restructurings, and divestments in Nigeria, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- Her experience also includes working with the Standard Bank Group, where she completed over 25 transactions in 10 years.
- In Nigeria (Stanbic IBTC Capital), she led the equity capital markets division, executed mergers & acquisitions as a Senior Vice President, and originated cross-border transactions as a Corporate Finance Manager in South Africa.
Airtel Nigeria announces appointment of Surendran as new Chief Executive Officer
Airtel Nigeria, has announced the appointment of Mr C. Surendran as the new MD/CEO with effect from August 1, 2021.
Telecommunications giant, Airtel Nigeria, has announced the appointment of Mr C. Surendran as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer with effect from August 1, 2021.
Surendran would be replacing the outgoing Managing Director and Chief Executive of Airtel Nigeria, Olusegun Ogunsanya, who has been elevated to the position of Chief Executive Officer of Airtel Africa Plc with effect from October 1, 2021.
According to a report from the News Agency of Nigeria, this disclosure is contained in a statement issued by Airtel on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, in Lagos.
The statement says that Surendran would also be appointed to the Executive Committee (ExCo) as Regional Operating Director, reporting to the CEO of Airtel Africa plc, and onto the Board of Airtel Networks (Nigeria) Limited.
Airtel in its statement said, “Surendran has been with Bharti Airtel since 2003 and has contributed immensely in various roles across customer experience, sales and business operations.
He was the Chief Executive Officer of Karnataka, which is the largest circle in Airtel India, with over one billion dollars in revenue.
Surendran delivered an exceptional performance with significant movement in Revenue Market Share (RMS) over the last few years, currently at 54 percent. He has over 30 years of business experience, including 15 years at Xerox.’’
Airtel said that Surendran would transition into his new role from June 1, 2021, and spend the time onboarding into the business until July 31, 2021.
In case you missed it
It can be recalled that a few days ago, Airtel Africa Plc, a leading provider of telecommunications and mobile money services in Nigeria and 13 other countries, announced the appointment of Mr Olusegun Ogunsanya as the new Chief Executive Officer, following the notice of retirement given by the current Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Raghunath Mandava, to the Board.
In the notification sent by Airtel Africa to the Nigerian Exchange, Ogunsanya is expected to join the board of Airtel Africa with effect from October 1, 2021.
Guinness announces retirement of Chairman, appoints former Minister as replacement
Guinness Nigeria Plc has announced the appointment of Dr Omobola Johnson as the new Chairman of its board, with effect from July 1, 2021.
Guinness Nigeria Plc has announced the appointment of Dr. Omobola Johnson as the new Chairman of its board, with effect from July 1, 2021.
This follows the retirement of the current Chairman, Babatunde Savage, from the position, with effect from June 30, 2021.
The announcement is contained in a notice sent to the Nigerian Exchange Limited, investing public, and other stakeholders on May 4, 2021, and signed by the Company Secretary, Rotimi Odusola.
Johnson, who has over 30 years of experience from both the private and public sectors of the Nigerian economy, was a former Minister of Communications Technology and a former Country Managing Director in Accenture.
While commenting on her appointment, Johnson who has been serving on the board of Guinness, said, “Guinness Nigeria is an excellent company with tremendous value creation opportunities, and I believe the refreshed board and management team remain committed to maximizing shareholder value.”
In his letter addressing the board in compliance with the applicable corporate governance regulation, Savage expressed his pleasure at the opportunity to have been a part of the Guinness story over the last four decades.
He thanked the board of Guinness Nigeria and Diageo UK for the opportunity to have served in several capacities, first as an employee who held various strategic senior roles, then as an Executive Director, and later as Chairman of the board, a role that he held for almost 12 years.
He said, “After almost 40 amazing years, my journey with Guinness Nigeria is coming to an end. Guinness Nigeria is and will always be family to me.”
Nairametrics | Company Earnings
Access our Live Feed portal for the latest company earnings as they drop.
- Afromedia Plc reports a loss after tax of N27.3 million in Q1 2021.
- 2021 Q1 Results: FTN Cocoa Processor Plc reports loss after tax of N162.21 million
- Tantalizers Plc reports a loss after tax of N97.75 million in FY 2020 in Q1 2021.
- Courteville Business Solutions Plc proposes final dividend of 3 kobo per share for FY 2020.
- 2020 FY Results: UPDC Real Estate Investment Trust records over 500% growth in Profit after tax.